Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Letter to the Argonaut -- May 9, 2012

Senator Ted Lieu is not representing his constituents. His latest batch of boutique bills has buffed his legislative resume, yet has not buffered the voters or the state from the ongoing fiscal and cultural shocks still shaking us.

I do not care about the gender identity of youth. That is a matter for the youth and his parents to deal with.

I do not care what is in my fish or in my meat, as long as it is safe, tasty, and good for me to eat.

I want to be on record for this, too: I do not care about shark fins, private pet sales (or microchips under their fur), or tanning salons.

I do care about the failure of our leaders to protect our borders and properly naturalize our citizens .

I do care about the hostile business climate which is scaring away investment from our state

I do care about the failing public schools which are entrapping our students and harming our teachers. I do care about the unjust frustrations which protect bad charter schools while ignoring or shutting down good ones.

I am certain that the residents from the South Bay to Marina Del Rey care about the issues that I care about.

I wish that Senator Lieu cared, too. If he refuses to care, then perhaps we should show enough care for ourselves and carry Lieu out of office!

No comments:

Post a Comment