Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Congressman Ted Lieu

Whether I like it or not, State Senator Ted Lieu is now Congressman Ted Lieu.

The last time that I had confronted my representative, in February 2014, he was soliciting a photo-op while listening to the concerns of a local pharmacist, who tried to shut me down and prevent me from addressing my state senator.

He did vote against referring now-expelled convict Roderick Wright from the state senate.

Now, he is in Congress, and in a way, there is nothing to fear.

At least he will remain a member of the much reduced minority for the next two-to-four years.

I anticipate that Democrats will not have a fighting change of regaining the House until 2026, provided that there is no permanent fracturing between conservatives and Establishment Republicans in the House, and the Democrats insist on their mad dash toward a heavily communistic party platform.

I called Congressman Lieu's office, and apparently the staff know who I am, just as the previous staff under retreating Henry Waxman remembered me when I called last month.

The whole business of activism and pressure on our representatives is harder than I thought, but can be effective if done well.

Everyone of us is learning how this works.

Now that I have the attention of my local leaders, I want to press forward to hold them accountable.

Washington DC

District Offices

No comments:

Post a Comment